Port of Newport - Accounts Payable and Payroll Clerk
Salary: $20.53 to $29.22 per hour
Location: Arlington, OR
If you are dependable, are focused on the details, have 3-5 years experience in Accounts Payable, or have an associates degree in business or Accounting or a combination of the two, then the Port of Newport would like to talk with you.
Accounts Payable (45% of time) ESSENTIAL
- Complete payments and control expenses by verifying, reconciling, and entering invoices into five funds in the Port’s accounting software and related spreadsheets and oversee input of EFT invoices and payments
- Track purchase orders
- Reconcile prepaid expenses
- Prepare monthly cash disbursement reports for the Port Commission Maintain paper and/or electronic accounts payable and paid invoice files Recommend document destruction in accordance with record retention laws
General Accounting (20% of time)
- Prepare month-end and year-end closing tasks, prepare bank, accounts receivable and revenue recognition reconciliations, prepaid expense tracking, capital asset acquisition and depreciation expense tracking, payroll processing and related liability and expense entries, and debt service tracking
- Assist, as requested, in the annual budget process.
- Assist, as requested, in annual audit preparations.
- Provide support to all accounting and South Beach RV Park office staff
Payroll (20% of Time) ESSENTIAL
- Processes payroll twice per month May process employee benefit enrollments, COBRA, changes and terminations on group programs, flexible benefits, reconcile and validate enrollments
- Prepare PERS reporting
- Enroll newly hired staff into PERS
Application Deadline: March 26, 2021
Port of Arlington - Port Manager / Economic Development Officer
Salary: $70,000 - $90,000
Location: Arlington, OR
The Port of Arlington is conducting a search to identify an outstanding Economic Development Officer to provide leadership, vision and energy to maximize economic diversification, job creation and take advantage of opportunities. The Port of Arlington is a taxing district within the jurisdictional boundaries of Gilliam County Oregon. The Port is one of six ports on the Oregon side of the Columbia River. The main focus of the Port’s activities are divided between maritime activities and economic development projects. The Port Economic Development Officer will be responsible for managing the day to day operations and economic development activities. This person must work at the highest level of integrity, honesty and openness, creating strong relationships with key business, governmental and community leaders.
The job initiatives include:
- business attraction, retention and expansion;
- immediately take responsibility for the management and completion of all current projects;
- identify opportunities and connections relating to current projects;
- develop collateral marketing materials;
- develop quality responses and presentations for prospects and community education;
- develop and maintain a quality Port website;
- coordinate activities and prepare briefings with and for the Port Board of Commissioners, the Cities of Arlington and Condon, and the Gilliam County Court, as needed;
- develop county, state and federal grant request applications;
- perform financial analysis on appropriate prospects and develop recommendations for incentive packages and contracts;
- provide high quality experiences for prospect visits;
- provide legislative testimony as needed.
Position requirements include:
- at least 6 years demonstrated economic development experience;
- demonstrate ability to facilitate and close deals;
- demonstrate ability to recruit projects;
- demonstrate ability to acquire grants and financing;
- in-depth knowledge of principles and practices of economic development;
- experience working with consultants;
- experience in managing site, facility and project development; excellent communication, organizational and strategic planning skills;
- experience in financial packaging and analysis;
- experience in blending local, state, federal and private incentives; proven ability to understand the needs of rural communities and regional partnerships.
- Knowledge/experience with renewable energy a plus.
- Must be a team player, have integrity, vision, creativity, a strong work ethic, goal setter, be a high achiever, be focused and organized.
An application packet may be obtained by writing to the Port of Arlington, P.O. Box 279, Arlington, OR 97812, by calling the Port office at (541) 705-2004 Monday thru Friday between 9:00 a.m. till 5:00 p.m., visit the office located at 100 Port Island Rd. Arlington, OR or by e-mail: email@example.com Salary $70K - $90K. Position is full-time and comes with benefits.
The Port of Arlington is an Equal Opportunity Employer - This position is Veterans’ Preference Eligible.
Applications must be received no later than Wednesday, March 31, 2021.
How to Apply:
Visit the office located at 100 Port Island Rd. Arlington, OR or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: March 31, 2021
Port of Columbia County - Operations Manager
Salary: $70,512 - $80,038 (DOE)
Location: Columbia City, OR
This exciting and challenging position manages operations of Port of Columbia County properties, focusing on aviation, industrial, terminal and marina assets. You will lead major projects from conceptual idea to execution through to completion, engaging with contractors, clients and public entities. You can make a positive difference for Columbia County in this role.
The hiring/starting range for this position is $70,512 - $80,038, based upon experience. The full salary range goes up to $94,328 per year, offering growth potential for a high performer. The Port offers excellent benefits including 100% paid family health, dental, and vision insurance; paid holidays, sick and vacation leave; PERS pension; and more.
To learn more, please visit our website https://www.portofcolumbiacounty.org/jobs or stop in our main office to pick up an application packet and complete job description.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter of interest describing why you’re applying
- Your current resume
- Your completed Port Employment Application
- Veterans’ Preference documents (if applicable)
Please send the above by email to Stellner@PortofColumbiaCounty.org or drop off at our office at P.O. Box 190, 100 E Street, Columbia City, OR, 97018.
To be considered in the first review of applicants, please have your complete application packet submitted at your earliest convenience. We regret that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Please send job announcements to Kaylie Bahnsen to be posted to this page. Unless otherwise specified, postings will stay on this site for 45 days.