Port of Bandon: Maintenance Assistant
- Assist harbormaster in various port maintenance responsibilities
- Perform basic maintenance on Port property
- On occasion haul fish waste, empty trash containers, and clean public restroom facilities
- Follow safety procedures for vehicle and port operations
- Other duties as assigned
The Port has one full-time position available. This is a semi-skilled port facilities maintenance position. Job is fairly diverse however incumbent follows established practices and procedures. Duties are performed with specific directions given and work is checked or verified through supervisory review. Decisions are made within specific operational instructions and guidelines. Errors in judgment could affect the smooth and efficient operation of the district and the safety or security of Port facility users.
Job has no supervisory responsibility.
Contacts are made with others both inside and outside the organization. Internal contacts frequently include the Port Harbormaster and other personnel. External contacts may include customers and clients. Interactions tend to focus on information exchange, receiving direction, or receiving training. Contacts do not typically include sensitive or confidential information.
- Controlling operation of equipment and vehicles
- Operation of small hand tools and machinery, landscaping equipment
- Experience performing repair on equipment and/or port facilities
- Ability to convey verbal information effectively
- Monitor/assess the performance of yourself and others to take corrective action
- Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Attention to detail
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Valid Oregon driver’s license
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of a background check
- At least Five (5) years of experience related to the Tasks and Work Skills listed above
- The maintenance work is often spent outside on docks and piers, or in wood or machine shops.
- Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during peak periods.
- Irregular work week that may occasionally include weekends and holidays.
Pay Range: Initial pay range is $14 to $18 per hour depending on experience, with full employee benefits.
Applications are required and resumes are optional.
Please submit by March 22nd no later than 2pm. Applications and resumes may be handed in at Port office located at 390 1st St SW Bandon, OR 97411, by mail at P.O. Box 206 Bandon, OR 97411, emailed to (redacted) (link sends e-mail) or faxed to (541) 347-4645.
Interviews will be scheduled the last week of March after closing date.
Questions? Please contact the Port office at (541) 347-3206 or (redacted)