Port of Toledo - Shipyard Manager (7/21/2020)
Location: Toledo, OR
To direct the operation of the Port’s expanding shipyard. This position will provide positive leadership; maintain professional relationships with customers, vendors, regulatory agencies and the public; implement Best Management Practices to remain compliant with OSHA and DEQ; and market shipyard services.
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage day to day operations of the shipyard
- Supervise staff and assign workload
- Schedule haul-outs and approve vessel work plans
- Compliance – Regulatory including Safety and Environmental, Training, and Port’s Best Management Practices
- Customer relations and sales
- Produce billable hours
- Ensure clean and safe operations and facilities through routine custodial, maintenance and equipment repair
- Salary Position that will maintain a flexible work schedule to accommodate peak season demands, special events, severe weather conditions, etc
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Education, Experience and Knowledge Preferred:
- Five years of shipyard management experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Thorough knowledge of environmental compliance, including reporting and testing requirements
- Knowledge of all aspects of vessel repair
- Proficient with basic office software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet Explorer
- OSHA Competent Person
- OR Pesticide Applicator License
- Physical condition compatible with job requirements
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid Oregon driver’s license
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to pass a drug test and a consumer background report
How to Apply:
Application for employment can be downloaded from below link and submitted to the Port Office via email at email@example.com, mailed to PO Box 428, Toledo, OR 97391, or pick up/drop off in person at Port Office, 496 NE Hwy 20, Unit 1, Toledo, Oregon.
Click here to download an Employment Application
Application deadline: Open until filled.
Please send job announcements to Kaylie Bahnsen to be posted to this page. Unless otherwise specified, postings will stay on this site for 45 days.