Salary: $90,000 - $100,000, plus benefits
Location: Brookings, OR
Opening Date: August 22, 2022
Closing Date: September 23, 2022
The Port of Brookings Harbor is currently recruiting qualified applicants to become the new Port Manager in one of the most desirable locations on the Southern Oregon Coast.
Port of Brookings Harbor is located at the mouth of the Chetco River on the Southern Oregon Coast and has the safest bar on the west coast. This area is considered a fisherman's paradise with ocean fishing available most of the year and three world class rivers available to the angler, within 25 miles. Amenities include a full-service marina for recreational and commercial fishing, Beachfront RV Park, shops and restaurants along the boardwalk, and Sportshaven Beach.
The Mission of the Port of Brookings Harbor is to preserve and enhance its economic activities; to facilitate, through the creation of local, state and federal partnerships, the full economic potential of the Port of Brookings Harbor and Curry County; and to develop a course of action, that over time, ensures the self-sufficiency of the Port District. The Commissioners, Management and Staff of the Port of Brookings Harbor recognize their primary responsibility is to optimally manage the publicly owned asset of the Port for the purpose of serving the public interest by encouraging economic growth of the Port District as well as Curry County as a whole.
To learn more about the Port of Brookings Harbor, visit our website: www.portofbrookingsharbor.com
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate that they have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years previous management experience with progressive levels of experience in a related environment which included responsibility for each of the following:
- Success in a senior leadership role in a complex public-facing operation, including staff management,
- Experience in the operations of a public port or similar district,
- Successful public budget preparation and management,
- Public finance knowledge,
- Knowledge of property and facility management best practices,
- Oversight of complex engineering and construction projects,
- Knowledge of marinas, boatyards and RV Parks,
- Demonstratable skills in networking, collaboration, and building relationships with community leaders, stakeholders, and elected officials,
- Demonstrated prior experience in revenue-producing management.
- Four years of college education with an emphasis on management and finance.
- Prior experience with state and federal laws related to port operations and the know-how as to how laws affect district.
- Prior experience working with marina operations and management, such as might be acquired through experience as an Assistant Port Director in a larger or similar sized port, Airport Manager, Public Utilities Manager, Cruise Ship Manager, Operations Manager.
Education, Experience, Certifications and Licenses Required:
- A minimum of 5 years previous management experience with progressive levels of experience in a related environment which included duties and qualification consistent with the job description contained herein.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Demonstrated prior experience in revenue-producing management and familiarity with the concept of "triple bottom line”
- Valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record required.
Desirable Starting Date: December 1, 2022
Position Application: Click Here
Full Position Description: Click Here
To be considered please submit a letter of introduction, resume, and completed application by email or postal service to:
Port of Brookings Harbor
Port Manager Hiring Process
Special Districts Association of Oregon
PO Box 23879
Tigard, Oregon 97281
Application Deadline: September 23, 2022
Please send job announcements to Kaylie Bahnsen to be posted to this page. Unless otherwise specified, postings will stay on this site for 45 days.