Port of The Dalles: Executive Assistant
Salary Range: $17.25-$24.48
The Port of The Dalles is hiring an Executive Assistant. This position performs a variety of complex and confidential administrative work to support the functions of the Executive Director and Port Commissioners. If you enjoy working in a small, fast paced office and want to be involved in community and economic development this could be the job for you! Open until filled.
Ports Coordinator (Operations & Policy Analyst 4)
Business Oregon is looking for a strategic Ports Coordinator to work closely with the ports of Oregon and play a key role in the economic development for the state. Ports are one of Oregon’s largest economic development drivers and if you are ready to lead the state in shaping the development of ports in Oregon, then Business Oregon has and exciting opportunity for you! Business Oregon is currently hiring a Ports Coordinator (Operations & Policy Analyst 4) within the Program and Incentives Section of the Economic Development Division.
What you will do!
As the Ports Coordinator you will:
· Coordinate planning, and research involving international trade development, industrial, commercial, and recreational development.
· Establish and position the agency and state for economic success in port investment strategies.
· Strengthen marine related economic development and raise awareness to current state programs and services.
· Discuss and develop needs for marine transportation system navigation, dredging and jetty repairs.
· Serve as the agency’s subject matter expert and in-house consultant for all port topics.
· Represent Business Oregon while working with partners such as; Army Corps of Engineers, Department of Environmental Quality, Department of Land Conservation & Development, etc. to problem solve and share ideas.
· Implement training to increase the capacity of ports to address local issues.
For the full list of specific duties and working conditions, see the Position Description.
Please note: if you are interested in applying for this position, you must attach your current cover letter and resume to your application. Failure to submit the required resume and cover letter will remove your application from consideration.
What you need to qualify…
A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, Finance, Political Science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; and five years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work. OR
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to eight years of professional-level evaluative, analytical, and planning work.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
· Demonstrated collaboration and relationship skills to work harmoniously with stakeholders such as businesses, communities, economic development partners, legislators, and local/state governments to reach a common goal.
· Experience in the development of strategic planning, guidelines, policies, rules and statutes to achieve program goals.
· Demonstrated experience in communicating concepts, and ideas to peers, management, and stakeholder groups in both written and verbal formats.
· Ability to set measurable outcome-based objectives and measure program effectiveness.
· Ability to present information in a public forum and effectively facilitate meetings that involve stakeholders with conflicting priorities.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects while meeting overlapping deadlines.
· Experience implementing change.
What Business Oregon does
Oregon Business Development Department (Business Oregon) employs approximately 135 employees who carry out the agency mission, "Business Oregon invests in Oregon businesses, communities, and people to promote a globally competitive, diverse, and inclusive economy."
The Economic Development Division promotes business and economic development opportunities by removing barriers to business growth and job creation/retention. The division’s services include assisting Oregon businesses and communities to access State incentive programs for public and private sectors. Incentive programs and assistance include business finance programs, global trade assistance, infrastructure financing and other community and economic development programs.
Business Oregon strives to create an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the diversity of the people we serve. We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to create a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every one of the qualifications listed. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet every one of our qualifications listed. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, please feel free to contact us to discuss your application.
Succession and workforce planning are the cornerstones to consistently fulfill the agency’s mission. Business Oregon recognizes and values the knowledge and skills of each of our employees. To encourage employee longevity and retain institutional knowledge, preference may be given to current Business Oregon employees.
How to Apply - Please Note: Applications must be submitted no later than 11:59 PM on August 29, 2019.
· Click the “Apply” button above to complete your online application.
· Attach your current cover letter and resume. Failure to submit the required resume and cover letter will remove your application from consideration.
· Complete the questionnaire.
· The candidates whose work experience most closely matches the qualifications and skills of this position will be invited to interview.
· Warning – Workday will timeout after 20 minutes of inactivity and will not save your application progress. There is not a “save and return later” function, once you start your application you must submit your application, otherwise you will have to start over with the application when you return.
· Veterans’ Preference - Eligible veterans who meet the qualifications will be given veterans' preference. If you checked that you are a veteran, we will ask you for your documents later in the process. Click on the following link for additional information on Veterans’ Preference.
· Criminal Records Check - Hiring of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the results of a Criminal Background Check. Adverse background data may be grounds for immediate disqualification.
· Work Authorization - The Oregon Business Development Department does not offer visa sponsorship. Within three days of hire, all applicants will be required to complete the US Department of Homeland Security's Form I-9, confirming authorization to work in the United States.
· This recruitment will be used to establish a list of qualified candidates to fill the current position and may be used to fill future vacancies as they occur.
· This position is a permanent, full-time position and a member of the State's Management Team and is not represented by a union.
· PERS – This is a PERS qualifying position. After a six month waiting period eligible Management Service, Executive Service, and Unrepresented employees will have their base pay increased by 6.95% and the 6% PERS contribution deducted from their base pay rather than a direct 6% contribution by the State of Oregon to the employees PERS account. This will mirror the bargained SEIU and AFSCME PERS process.
Oregon Business Development Department Career Opportunities
The Oregon Business Development Department is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
Initial Posting Date: 08/08/2019
Application Deadline: 08/29/2019
Salary Range: $5,828 - $8,172
Port of Benton: Executive Director
Application Deadline: September 8, 2019 (First Review, Open Until Filled)
Port of Benton in Richland, Washington is recruiting for an Executive Director. Please visit the recruitment website for the full position profile and supplemental questions.
Port of Port Orford: Office Manager
The Port of Port Orford has an opening for Office Manager. This is a 30 to 40 hours per week position. The Port Office Manager is responsible for providing a full scope of public administration services systematically ordering Port business and the calculated use of public resources. Must be proficient with Quickbooks, A/P and A/R, payroll, and Microsoft office suite 365. The Office Manager position requires an ability to promote a positive Port image on and off the job. Wage is dependent upon experience. Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening. Full job posting and application are posted at portofportorford.org.